Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Why am I here?

Here I am. Starting a blog after wondering for a long time why I, or anyone for that matter, would want to do so. It has finally occurred to me how very valuable this could be-to myself, my husband, my children, my extended family and friends, as well as many others. As my husband and I are looking at a likely move into the long-term missions field, this can serve as a place for me to collect our thoughts and share with others, our hearts. I am well aware there are those who will think we are crazy, those who have absolutely no understanding of why we would take our family to a foreign land. A land with seemingly less but in reality, more. More opportunities to share what we have-our finances, our love, our faith-with those who have so much less. More opportunities to make a diference for God's kingdom.

I hope to spend the next several weeks documenting briefly our journey through to reach this point in our lives and hope that eventually, this blog will serve as a place for our family, friends and supporters to come-to connect with us as we are in a far away place-to hear about how and what our family is doing, in our efforts to touch heaven...and change the earth...while we are on it.

No comments: