Tuesday, July 18, 2006

2 new additions to our home for awhile

As you may know, we are licensed foster care providers for our county. The last children we had in our home were an infant and a toddler that left us last December. At that point, Shannon and I had decided that if we got any further calls we would just say no as we felt it would complicate things. Well, the best laid plans are not always what happens. Yesterday we received a phone call for two little girls, ages 2 and 3. I right away thought to myself as I was on the phone with the social worker, "How can we say no?" I knew what to do! I would call Shannon and he would remind me of what we had decided and tell me to tell the social worker no. So I called Shannon and told him the little bit I had been told about the girls and he said, "I know what we talked about, but how can we say no? If we are looking at working with orphans in another country, why wouldn't we help children in our own country needing help while we are here?" We decided to tell the social worker we wanted them here. They arrived a couple of hours later. Please pray for these two sweet girls as they are missing their mommy and all of the comforts of home and the things they knew. They are getting lots of love and hugs and cuddles from our more than willing children as well as ourselves. It is fun to have little ones in the home again and very busy.

2 comments:

Southern Latitudes said...

Stopping in from SL forums,

I will be praying for these two girls.

Robin

Southern Latitudes said...

stopping in from SL forums,

I wll be praying for these two girls.

Robin