Monday, September 18, 2006

Anxiously waiting

As I am writing this Rev. Debra, Shannon, Collin and the others should be waking to the sound of the Muslim call to prayer. Several times each day the call is issued over huge speakers that broadcast across the larger cities of which Mwanza is one. I recall that during my stay there I used the call each morning to pray to my own God, the only true God and for the people that were answering that call. I hope and pray that when we eventually arrive in Mwanza full-time we can play a part in showing many people, including muslims, the way to Christ.

Today, in Mwanza, Rev Debra, Shannon, Collin and Pastor Richard are meeting with government officials to look at land and discuss our vision. Please pray for favor. Also, today is the day they will be looking at rental housing for us while we wait for the mission housing to be built. I am also hopeful that I will receive an email from either Shannon or Rev. Debra or both. Hopefully by the time I post tomorrow I will have some news from them to share.

Please also keep me in your prayers. I am missing my guys pretty bad and ready to have them home. As I look at the calendar and realize we are already halfway through this separation, I then realize that we are only halfway through.

No comments: