Monday, November 06, 2006

No one but Jesus is sinless

As I have spent the past several days grieving the indiscretions of Pastor Ted Haggard I have realized that it isn't his behavior that grieves me nearly as much as the number of people that will be pulled away from Christ because of it. Unfortunately there are many non Christians out there that believe Christians do not sin...or that if they do, they are hypocrites. In reality, all of humankind, except Jesus, sins, wether they have recieved Jesus as their Lord and Savior or not. As Christians our hope should be that we will sin less and be convicted of our sins quickly and repent of them. To think a Christian will be completely sinless is unrealistic.

What the Spirit has beeen speaking to me through all of this is the importance of my personal walk as it ultimately witnesses to Jesus' power in my life. Also, as a future missionary, I am made very aware that I will be watched very closely by many and I realize that I will be expected to be strong in my walk and will be judged more harshly simply because of the position I am in. I find it all very humbling and a bit scary and pray that I can somehow do justice to what God is asking of me.

Please pray with me over these next days and weeks that the purpose of Christ not be diminished due to one man's sin and that his church is able to weather well the storm they are in. Pray for God's healing and grace on the Haggard family, the members of New Life Church and the entire Christian community.

No comments: