Thursday, August 23, 2007

In the Line of Fire

A couple of years ago the guys in our family discovered a new activity...paintballing. For a couple of years now, it has been easy to buy them gifts. First it was the guns, then the Co2 tanks. Then helmets, ammo belts, paintballs, ect. It seems a crazy activity to me-shooting at each other with paintballs. Paintballs that hit you really hard and then explode. It often causes bruising. But then, I am a girl and don't understand a guys need to conquer.

This past Sunday afternoon, Shannon, Collin and E played capture the flag on our back acreage. We have several old buildings, sheds, trailers and brush piles back there making for good cover. The pics were a bit hard to obtain as I inevitably put myself in the line of fire to get some of them. I got hit on the calf once. It bruised.

Collin-see how he is all covered up in heavy clothing? He doesn't like how those paintballs hurt when they make contact either! He was the winner of all three games of defend the flag they played.


Shannon the tough guy. Jeans and a t-shirt were enough for him. You should see the bruises he has on his legs though! Ouch!


E. He's likes lots of padding just like his big brother. This was one of his first big "wars" since he got his own set up for Christmas last year.



I loved watching this as they both went around the building. They knew the other was there but it took a bit of time before they connected.






A good time was had by all, including myself and the girls who watched from the safety of the house.

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

Oh for funny! My boys like their paintball, too. I don't get it at all, but even Kaytlin loves to play. Why would you purposefully do something that you KNOW is going to bruise you? WHY???