Tuesday, December 04, 2007

M's first quilt

I've been away for a bit...things are getting busier around here as we move into the holiday season. Collin and I have have much time committed to the performance at church-over the next 13 days, 8 evenings are committed to it as well as a couple of evenings for his choir concert at school and S's Christmas program. I also have a mandatory training for my job, two hours from here.

M and I just returned from a quilting weekend at Camp Lebanon. I have been there half a dozen times, but due to M's age, this was the first time she was able to attend. She made her first ever quilt! With Grandma Sharon's help a few weeks ago, she went through Grandma's fabric stash to find all of the fabrics for her quilt and got all of the cutting done ahead of time. We arrived at camp on Friday and by Sunday evening M had completely pieced her quilt!

Photo to come soon!

I just received the following comment on our blog this morning. It is good to read and fun to know that others are reading from so far away. It is especially the final paragraph I find should be most interesting to my readers.

I stumbled across this blog page while i was searching through the internet for current happenings and news about Africa and I must say that I am greatly impressed by what you are doing.
It is really rare to find people with such a large heart for the destitutes and orphans in Africa. Service to humanity is the greatest and most rewarding work of life.Although, it might not be financially rewarding but you can imagine the joy it brings when you put a smile or help brighten the life of some poor children in Africa.
I detest religion as it is being practised in the world today. I crave for a religion that would apreciate the uniqueness of every human race and colour and equality of all irrespective of sex physiological and sociological differences. I long for a time when the man next door would realised that the man that is dying in distant lands of want and hunger is also a brother and a neigbour!
God Bless you.

Kingsley keke
Lagos,
Nigeria
west Africa


I will try to keep in touch here throughout the month. I have a lot to say but need to find the time to post it.

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

Yeah for M! Can't wait to see the pics!
Nice comment, too. very encouraging for you.