Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Teenage Affluenza

After my first , and only missions trip, which was taken to Tanzania nearly three years ago now, I returned home a different person. I found myself frustrated with the American culture and our financial situation as a whole. Here in America we tend to always want better and more and are typically unhappy with our old car or small home or used clothing. I had just returned from a culture where there were hungry unclothed people with no homes everywhere I looked. Children played with tin cans or empty milk cartons and were excited to have them. A culture where people focused on the simple, loved their families and spent time with them, where people look to God for everything in their lives. A culture where people praise God for even the smallest of provisions and depend on him for everything.

I ran across this video today and although it addresses teens in Australia, I find that it applies to all of us in one way or another. No offense is intended here but rather I hope to cause my readers to think deeper about their spending habits and focus more on their blessings.

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

I have been searching for this video and I could not find it!

I am so glad you posted it!