Monday, July 23, 2007

End Time Glory Ministries Conference and Graduation coming up

There have been a lot of graduations in our family over the past few months. In May it was Brandon's high school graduation and Collin's 8th grade graduation. Now, next weekend is Shannon's and my bible school graduation. We have taken bible classes through Rev. Debra's ministry. It is typically a two year course but Shannon and I have taken it by correspondence and finished it in about 12 months. It has been a fast pace and we have both really had to cram hard these last couple of weeks to finish in time.

The ministry is also having their Glory conference this weekend, starting on Thursday night. If you go to this page you can get more info and download a registration form. It is free and if you are in our area and can get there it is sure to minister to you in one way or another. We really enjoy the praise and worship time. The teachings are always good and tend to stretch us. Even our children love to go to this each time it is held as praise and worship is so free. After some of the sessions there is personal ministry time as well. Last spring all in our family each received an encouraging word of one kind or another.

Graduation is Saturday afternoon. We will be together with students from several area classes as well as another correspondence couple. It will be nice to be with everyone and hear how the school has affected them. These classes are the same classes that are being taught by Rev Debra, by video and in person in several other nations. The Phillipines, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Guyana all have ministers whose only opportunity for bible school is through these classes.

We are also looking forward to hosting Anne Mugane from Kenya in our home during the conference. She has been here in the US for a bit now and will spend a couple of weeks in the area before returning to her home in Kenya. She is a native Kenyan who feeds and clothes street children in Nairobi. In fact, Anne is the reason that when I first looked at missions trips to Africa I was mainly interested in going to Kenya. Little did I know at the time that God put Tanzania on my heart why He did it. I remember before the trip, grieving a bit that I wouldn't be going to Anne's home. I am so glad that God made it perfectly clear to me at the time where I was to go, even though at the time, it wasn't the trip I was wanting nor was it at a good time, He knew His plans for our lives.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: