Thursday, October 04, 2007

Blessed by the Mathetes Award

I was tremendously blessed to wake up this morning to find that I had been "given" a Mathetes Award by my online friend Renee. Renee and I met through a homeschooling forum and have supported each other in prayer through our children's adoptions as well as the children we couldn't adopt.

Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) is to make more disciples. In the spirit of this award, the rules are simple. Winners of this award must pick other "disciples" to pass it on to. As you pass it on, you mention and provide links for 1. this post as the originator of the award and, 2.the person that awarded it to you.

I have chosen the following bloggers to pass this award on to.
1. Mary Grace at Books and Bairns--I discovered her blog after she visited mine and posted a comment about how helpful a particular post had been to her that day. I read hers often and have enjoyed her writings. She inspires me as she writes honestly about daily life.
2.Renee at Steppin' Heavenward --I don't know if it is against the rules to regift the award to someone but if it is, I don't care. Renee has supported me through some tough times as we have lost 2 separate sibling groups we were planning to adopt. She is currently raising 6 biological children and has adopted three from Africa and is in the process of adopting two more from Africa. She inspires me with her constant focus on God through the good and bad times and how she is raising up an incredible army of disciples in her home. Renee, this is in honor and remembrance of our T and A,and C and H and your David and Isatu.
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate." Psalm 129:3-5
3.To my cousin's wife whose blog is private at her request as she and my cousin raise twin toddler boys, two more wonderful disciples for His kingdom. She is a great inspiration to me and a wonderful friend that I don't see nearly enough of.

There are many many others I could present the award to who do not blog. So many people have influenced me in my Christian walk. Thanks to all of you.

4 comments:

Heather@To Sow a Seed said...

I am *so* honored! Thank YOU for blessing ME with the love and compassion that is so evident in your writings!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Qtpies7 said...

Well, you deserve it! I got it, too, I just haven't put it up on my blog yet. Plus a couple of others. I need about 10 more hours a day.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, my friend, for your kind words. And, likewise ;-)
Love,
M