Friday, November 02, 2007

Politics? On this blog?

I had never planned to do any political writing, much less on the blog but I really want to point out a presidential candidate here.

Shannon and I have been terribly dismayed by what have been the leading presidential candidates for the 2008 elections. I will not go into details about each specific candidate here and why I agree or disagree with each of them. I do, however, wish to share with you the name of Mike Huckabee. Several months ago, a homeschool group we are involved with, had suggested we look at him closely. I remember at the time thinking that even though the guy sounded good, he would probably never actually be in the running for the republican nomination. In the past week, Gov. Huckabee(Ark-R) has become well known, in part due to the Iowa straw polls where he came in second place. I am very excited about the possibility of this guy being on the ballots and definitely know who I am voting for in the primary. Please check out his website. I encourage you to send a "buck for Huck" or more if you think this is someone you would like to be the next president and tell everyone you know about him.

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

Donnie has mentioned him. I haven't been following yet, I am NOT into politics as much as I can avoid it.