Thursday, November 08, 2007

Wordless Thursday-Transportation

Oops, Wednesday slipped by me. All week I have been behind one day as I had Monday off from the mail route and it made me think Tuesday was Monday from there. All of the following pics were taken by me on my trip in 2004.
This first picture shows some wood being transported in downtown Mwanza.


This one, taken through the windshield of the bus I rode, shows an extremely overloaded truck full of people! Even the native Tanzanian I was with, Pastor Richard, could not believe how overloaded it was.


This picture shows yet another overloaded truck. I am unsure what it was carrying.


Another, taken through the broken windshield of a Land Rover, shows donkey cart being led out in the bush.



And this one, again from inside a Land Rover, shows a man pulling a cart over a bridge on the way into a major city. He was right in the road with the gas powered vehicles causing quite a traffic jam that no one seemed to blink about. It must be common enough.


Transportation, when not done on foot, is certainly interesting in this part of Africa.

No comments: