Saturday, March 22, 2008

Let the Veil Down

I am just finishing the Beth Moore bible study A Woman's Heart. The study has focused on the Old Testament tabernacle and the meaning behind the different parts of it. God was very specific in how He wanted it built and He was just as specific about who was allowed to be inside of it and how they must prepare themselves to be there. The most important part of the tabernacle, the Holy of Holies, was the dwelling place of God. Only the high priest could go there at specific times to commune directly with God. There was a veil that separated it from the rest of the tabernacle where the people were.

The video I have placed here is of a song that our choir will be singing tomorrow morning at our church's Easter service. It is such a privilege to be a part of an 80+ member choir, with each and every individual being completely committed and dedicated to giving God our very best in praise and worship. The song speaks of how Christ's death on the cross caused that veil to be torn, literally from top to bottom, in two, allowing us direct access to God. We no longer need to go through the priests to commune directly with our Lord. We can speak with Him directly at anytime and anywhere because of Jesus' death and resurrection.

Let the Veil Down, Let the Praise Go Up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is totally awesome. I was listening to Judy Jacobs CD with this song on a couple of days ago. I was on my way to work this morning and coming in the building I began to sing Let the Veil come down, Let the praise go up and all throughout the day this song has been ringing in my spirit so I had to go on line to fine the lyrics because all I knew was the chorus part (and I left the CD at home) so I'm searching and I come upon your website and THANKS, THANKS, THANK YOU SO MUCH...I TRULY STRUCK HEAVEN'S ANOINTING HERE.

Be BLESSED ALL THE MORE.
rhonda F.