Monday, September 08, 2008

Still Missing in Action...

After returning from our 8 days in the Black Hills, I was home for a literal 22 hours before leaving again. I hurriedly unpacked bags and did laundry, spent a few hours at church Sunday morning, then packed my bags again to leave for a training for my job with the Census Bureau. The Bureau has added an additional survey to my assignment, effectively doubling my workload. I spent 5 days there before returning home to prepare everyone, including myself, for a new school year.

We did spend Labor Day at Christine's parent's lake home where we visited with my parents, my sister, and several aunts and uncles and a cousin. It was nice to see my Aunt Karen from Hawaii who I hadn't seen for many years. My cousin and Evan, in their adventurous mood, took the boat over to the old railroad bridge across the lake. They were hoping to jump off of it as they had seen others do in the past. Before jumping we told them they had to measure the depth of the water. Using a rock and a rope they discovered the water to be only 7 feet deep this late in the year, so to my mother's relief they put that activity aside for another year, maybe in the spring when the water is deepest.

We are still trying to find a routine that works for us this year. With my post office and Census Bureau jobs, homeschooling two of the children and other activities and scheduled appointments, life is pretty crazy busy. I am working a lot more evenings and weekends than I did in the summer which I hate but find necessary. It has made our Sunday's all the more precious a we try hard to keep them completely unplanned except for church services. Funny thing is, those are busy too as Molly serves on the praise and worship team in Kid's church during the first service and Collin has his High School praise and worship team rehearsal during the second. I don't mind too much as I like to be there for both services to be in the choir loft anyway.

At church last evening, I was reminded of the importance of taking time each day to listen for God. So often we complain that God is speaking to us but I think the question is usually, "Are we listening?" I start a bible study this Wednesday that will force me to get in the word more. I say "force" although once I get there I very much enjoy it.

As stated in an earlier post, Rev. Debra and a team are in Tanzania right now. We know they were planning to visit the property while they are there and also attending a wedding. Along with ministry in several cities in Tanzania as well as the country of Burundi, they have a full schedule too. Please keep them and the ministry they are doing in your prayers.

No comments: