Saturday, January 13, 2007

Meeting held today

Since my last post not a lot has happened. Sickness continued to reign in our home until just the past few days with colds, sinus infections and stomach viruses. We are hoping to be done for awhile although one of the kids complained of a sore throat yesterday morning.

A few days into the New Year, Shannon was able to connect by phone with Alex in Tanzania. They chatted for a few minutes. I think it made Shannon's desire to be in Tanzania even stronger than it already was. We have so far not connected with Pastor Richard by phone as we had an incorrect phone number but we did get an email from him this week saying that he was meeting with the city council member on the property today, Saturday-which is actually already over. He also sent his phone number and Shannon plans to try to connect in the next few days.

I heard a song today. It is by Steven Curtis Chapman and is a couple of years old. I know I have heard it before as we have the area Christian radio station playing in our home 24 hours per day. Have you ever had it happen that you know the music to a song but can't recall ever hearing the words? How does that happen anyway? The song is called What Now. Following are the two verses and the chorus.


What Now?

I saw the face of Jesus in a little orphan girl
She was standing in the corner on the other side of the world
And I heard the voice of Jesus gently whisper to my heart
Didn't you say you wanted to find me?
Well, here I am, here you are

Chorus:
So, What now?
What will you do now that you found Me?
What now?
What will you do with this treasure you've found?
I know I may not look like what you expected
But if you'll remember this is right where I said I would be
You've found me
What now?

And I saw the face of Jesus down on Sixteenth Avenue
He was sleeping in an old car, while his mom went looking for food
And I heard the voice of Jesus gently whisper to my soul
Didn't you say you wanted to know me?
Well, here I am, and it's getting cold

Repeat chorus

1 comment:

Corryn said...

Hi Christine,

Just read your last few week's entries. I'm enjoying your blog greatly and thank you for sharing so much of yourself.

Have you heard about the Chapman family's adoption organization, Shaohanna's Hope?
http://www.shaohannahshope.org/

Love you lots,
Corryn