Saturday, May 19, 2007

I hate cancer!

I'm sure you are saying of course I do, but I am so sick of it being everywhere I turn. I am in the choir at our church. Each week at rehearsal we spend an hour and a half practicing our music and then share prayer requests and pray together. There are about 80 of us in the choir so you can imagine the different needs that are shared. Sicknesses, accidents, new babies, job searches, broken bones, unsaved family members, addictions, the list goes on and on. Just this past week there were so many prayers needed for those fighting cancer. My mom who started chemotherapy this week is sick with the effects of that. A young woman who grew up in our church, her parents still attend there, who had breast cancer several years ago and has been cancer free just had a baby a couple of weeks ago. When the doctors performed the cesaerian section on her to deliver her baby they found her full of cancer inside. An older couple, married for over 50 years, physically separated from each other as the husband is in a nursing home undergoing a difficult recovery from a broken leg, just discovered the wife has breast cancer. An unsaved co-worker of a choir member recently diagnosed with cancer, a young man, a dad of young children with a cancer affecting his brain and causing him to die a slow, mentally strange death, another man with lung cancer, my aunt in Hawaii with lung cancer...it just seems as if there are so many suffering from this disease. It takes people of all ages, social status and religious beliefs and tears through their bodies often killing their host. I am so glad that I have a good God, a God who is always right and always, always wins. I just pray that God can use the circumstances each of these people go through to draw them closer to Him or even to Him if they aren't already believers.

1 comment:

Gavi said...

This is a very powerful post. Thank you.