Monday, May 07, 2007

It's a crazy life

Here are the latest updates:
My mom, although her cancer was caught her early, is planning to take all of the treatment options available to her which include-chemotherapy, hormone therapy and radiation. We are all aware it may be a difficult summer. Please keep her and my dad in your prayers.

I started my new job last week. With both of my part-time jobs I worked over 45 hours last week. Along with homeschooling and the many children's typical appointments with doctors, therapists and counselors, my annual exam(Yippee), a concert at one of the schools, another at church and an awards program I ended up having something going on every single morning, afternoon and evening for 8 days straight! This week is much lighter with work and I can get the house cleaned, the laundry done and see my family. I hope that doesn't happen again in the near future.

Spring has sprung and Shannon has started on the outside projects-landscaping, planting grass and installing the underground fence for the dogs. Now the rain has come too so he needs to work between sprinkles.

Collin is finishing up his first ever track season with his school. He has enjoyed it and has discovered that although he may not be the fastest sprint runner he does very well with endurance running. He did a mile last week in about 6 and a half minutes I think he said. I am hoping to get to his meet this week and he also has one on Saturday we are hoping the grandparents can get to.

We received an email from Pastor Richard in Mwanza. He has internet service at his home now so keeping in touch with him by email will be much quicker. In fact, I emailed again this morning and have already heard back from him. The easier communication is exciting to all of us through this process.

Shannon and I are still pushing hard to get through our bible school courses by July. Graduation has been set for the end of July. When we finish, we will have done the entire 24 month course in about 10 months.

We find ourselves still being asked on a nearly daily basis if we are still planning to move overseas and when. The answers are yes we are planning to move and no we don't know when but God does and that is all that matters to us. We know that when it is time for us to be listing our home for sale and begin packing He will make it perfectly clear.

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

I guess I can see why you haven't posted in a long time!
I hope you take some time for rest on Mother's Day!