Monday, June 25, 2007

Serve the Underdogs, Change the World

Lately, God has been laying heavily on my heart, the persecuted people of the world. I have been reading about people, especially children, sold into slavery, often unknown to their parents. Children that are made to fight as soldiers in Civil Wars in their countries. Of victims of HIV worldwide and how they are treated. I think of all of the aborted babies worldwide but especially in our very own nation where every man has the right to life. Did you know that in the United States alone, since the beginning of the war in Iraq, as of today, over 5,521,275, that's 5 million plus, babies have been aborted? My heart just aches with all of the wrongs occurring around the world. I am sure this is all a part of the process of God refining in me a love for His people and a desire to see things changed but it is all so painful.

I challenge you to find a cause that you wish to learn more about and change. You may not be called into overseas missions but can you volunteer at your local Crisis Pregnancy Center? How about sending money to a place such as Voice of the Martyrs or Compassion International? I know many of my readers support missions either financially or in prayer. Find a place where God can use you to make a difference in the life of an underdog.

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

We have an adopted little girl in the Congo, her name is Urma. She has the same birthday as Devon, but different year.

Christine said...

Lisa, you have, most certainly, changed Urma's world!