Saturday, June 30, 2007

Facing the Giants

We just watched the movie Facing the Giants as a family last night. What a great story! I highly recommend you pick this one up if you haven't seen it yet. It was filmed by Christians, based on a real story and most of the actors, actresses and crew were volunteers and many were involved in the real story. Although it was a "low budget" film, $100,000, there was nothing missing that would lead one to suspect that. A very Christian message is shared throughout the film. We plan to buy it to show Hollywood that more of these types of films are wanted.

My favorite quotes from the movie

"Why would He(God) make me so small...and weak?" -David, teenage football player
"To show how mighty He is." David's Dad



"What are you doing?"-assistant coach
"Preparing for rain."-head coach

1 comment:

Renee said...

I absolutely LOVE this movie!!!

The "Preparing for Rain" comment is one of my favorite lines too.

The one that gets me every time is when the Dad in the wheel chair stands up and says "Don't touch me, I'm standing for my son." Oh goodness, I tear up just thinking about it.

Of course I also love the "They're like little dogs yappin' at your heels." line. It just cracks me up.

We bpught the Flywheel movie this Church did too, and it's really good also.

I love reading your Blog and keeping up with you!!

Love,
Renee

p.s. Have you seen this Blog?
http://calltoobedience.blogspot.com/