Thursday, September 06, 2007

Arrival in Arusha/ Kilimanjaro

Well, according to the schedule I have for the Tanzania team, Shannon and company should currently be sleeping in Arusha. I have not yet heard from them. I may by morning...maybe. Arusha is located about a half hour drive from the Kilimanjaro International Airport. On Friday morning (keep in mind they are 8 hours ahead of Central time)they will return to the airport to fly in a small plane to Mwanza. They will likely have two stops on the way there, both with gravel/dirt runways. I remember when I was there how that shook me up a bit.

They will arrive in Mwanza around noon with plans to get settled in the hotel and look at some land and maybe tour children's homes before another night of rest. The travel portions o this trip are exhausting. From here to there is around 24 hours flight time. Then to Mwanza on a small bumpy flight while on E from a long flight accompanied by jet lag takes a lot out of a person. Please be praying that their bodies change to the new schedule and get rested well before the next day, Saturday.

No comments: