Friday, September 21, 2007

A Fun Ending to a Productive Trip

Today, Friday, the Tanzania team flew by small plane back to the Kilimanjaro International Airport. Tonight will be spent in a hotel in Arusha about a half hour from the airport. In the morning the team will join Pastor Richard's brother Martin. Martin is a safari driver. He will take them to a national park for a safari. I am assuming they will go to Tarangire National Park. That is the one we visited when I was there. The Serengeti is not far from Arusha either.

I remember on my trip to Tanzania three years ago. By the time we got to safari day I just really wanted to be home with my family. I didn't really even want to go on the safari. I am so glad I did. It was great to see the animals, animals I have seen in zoos, in their native culture-wild and free. There is nothing like rounding a bend in the road to come upon 50 giraffes or watching from the safety of the Land Rover while a lion stalks a herd of zebra.



1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

That would be so amazing! Praying for a safe trip for Shannon and his group.