Saturday, September 01, 2007

Final shopping and packing

Shannon is getting ready to leave on Wednesday. It is sneaking up fast. I am finding that I am getting a bit jealous as the date for him to leave gets closer. My heart is so in love with Tanzania and the people there. It just aches to be there. I am glad Shannon is going and know that his trip will help us to eventually get there but I so wish I could be going along.

We have been in contact with a couple from the UK that runs a baby home in Mwanza. Also a couple from Michigan running a children's home. Shannon will be meeting both couples and touring both homes. In fact, I plan to run to the grocery store before Shannon leaves to pick up some kool-aid. We had asked the couple from Michigan if there was anything they wanted Shannon to bring them from the US. Their request was for kool-aid packets. It is the simple things one will learn to appreciate when we are there. With 4 young children I am sure they will go through what we bring them in no time.

We plan to spend Monday, Labor Day, with my parents and extended family members at the lake. Then on Tuesday school starts for everyone, Shannon and I both work and he leaves the next day.

No comments: