Thursday, January 24, 2008

Simple Acts of Obedience=The Miraculous

I've written here before of how, often, God will give me similar teachings through many different sources, in a close time frame to teach me, or even just remind me of the simple but profound. Most recently, God has used Pastor Jeff Johns from the Glory Conference, Beth Moore and her book A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place, and a radio teaching, it might have been Gregg Lourie to bring me the same reminder. A very simple act of obedience to the Father can lead to a huge miracle.

For example, look at the story of the floating ax head in 2 Kings 6:1-7. Or how about the staff turned into a snake in Exodus 7:8-13. The bitter water made sweet(Exodus 15:22), Peter walking on the water(Matt 14:29-30), the widow woman's full jug of oil(1 Kings 17:15-16), the examples could go on and on.

As I have studied, been taught about and read these many examples of simple obedience becoming great miracles I can't help but wonder if I would be so obedient. If I heard God tell me in my spirit to throw down a stick to become a snake would I think, uhhh, that's silly, I must be hearing wrong? Would I be willing to get out of a boat to walk on stormy seas. I think maybe I might based upon what I have read in the bible, however if He asked me to do something strange that isn't yet recorded in the bible or recorded history, then would I doubt? Would I obey? And if I don't I can only imagine the great blessings I would miss out on. God will still accomplish His purpose, even if He has to use someone else but the missed blessings could not be regained.

Since God has chosen this subject to specifically remind me about, it is something I must try to remember in my daily life. I pray that God will use me to accomplish great miracles in His name through simple acts of obedience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me personally it's a very appealing article. I'd like to read a little more with regards to this subject matter.

Anonymous said...

A very superb and also helpful write-up available. We printed it and read through the idea a second time

Anonymous said...

I seriously enjoyed reading this content. You have discussed several crucial things in this article

Anonymous said...

Amazing, fine piece of writing. Thanks for revealing these types of things. I seriously delight in it