Wednesday, March 21, 2007

FIREPROOF!

I have been involved in three main bible teachings recently. One is the sermon series our pastor is doing right now on Revelation. Another is the Revelation class through the bible school Shannon and I are doing through End Time Glory Ministries and the third is the Beth Moore bible study of Daniel. So two of my classes are currently in Revelation but the funny thing is, the Beth Moore Daniel class is also very closely related to Revelation and we spend much of the class time in Revelation as well.

Just a couple of weeks ago, all three of those teachings were in the same exact chapter. It all kind of makes one wonder what God is trying to teach me when it is emphasized everywhere I turn. It is something I have spent a lot of time thinking about.

Recently, as our family has been going through some yuck, I have found myself thinking about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and the fiery furnace. Those three men were told to worship idols and when they refused to do so were thrown into a huge, very hot furnace. The soldiers that threw them in were burnt alive due to the heat but the three emerged fro the furnace completely unharmed and not even smelling of smoke after being seen walking around inside the furnace with another figure. In class, Beth Moore reminded us that God did not keep them from the furnace but rather joined them in it and saved them from it. They were still thrown in, their faith tested, but in the end, were removed from it in even better condition than they had gone in as, due to their strengthened faith. Others were also brought to worship the true God after seeing their faith.

Up at Camp Lebanon this past weekend, in our work area, there were quilt examples hanging over all of the walls. I could see part of a wall behind several quilts and could see that it had some kind of mural with writing on it. After studying the pieces I could see for awhile, I saw that it said, "Fireproof!" and had a picture of the men in the furnace along with a couple of bible verses. I found tears coming to my eyes as I was once again reminded that God never promised to keep me out of the fire. Rather He has promised to keep me from the fire-to make me fireproof, to strengthen my faith and bring others to Him through that faith. I cannot wait to see where God brings us through the latest trial. I choose to trust Him with those results.

"If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of Thine hand, O king." Daniel 3:17
"Lo, I see four men loose walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." Daniel 3:25

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

When we went through our "fire" I did not even relate it to that. God was with us in there and protected us. I looked at it like the fire a pot goes through to become usable, its painful, but without it the pot is never hard enough to use and is useless.
I'm very excited about you speaking at our church!