Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring Comes Quickly

It was just 4 weeks ago I posted a picture of the children playing in the snow from our snow storm. Now this past week, we have seen how quickly spring comes. It seems like overnight, the snow was gone, the birds had returned and the grass started greening up.
Here is a pic of the boys latest escapades.
There is a swampy area at the rear of our property. The boys creativity and ambition took over. They made boats out of a children's wading pool with a board in the bottom for stability and a large plastic toy box. A couple of long sticks and they were in business. I think they look like something from a Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Fin novel. By the way, they both ended up being dunked in the icy water several times before they finished playing bumper boats.

There is something to be learned from this. When I find myself in a season of winter in my life, whether it be spiritual, emotional or physical, I need to remember that I have a sovereign God. A God who continues to bring the spring, and quickly, when I least expect it. If you find yourself in such a place, watch for the spring. It will be here before you know it.

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

The boys look like they are having a blast!