Friday, March 30, 2007

A public thank you

"Serve one another in love." Galatians 5:13b


I just wanted to issue a public thank you to some dear friends from our church who have helped me prepare for tonight's talk. I am so happy that I have been asked to share "just" my testimony as I am familiar with that. I have done it before one on one and in small groups. But, I had a few other things that needed to be done.

The first was that I really wanted a slide show or video presentation to share at the end of my talk. A great big thank you goes out to Julie for helping put my photos into a properly timed slideshow. One that would time out with the song I had chosen. Because it was put into a powerpoint presentation I then handed it over to Torry-last night! Shhhh....I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone how quickly he could work to bail someone out of a bind. I know how fast he did this for me was atypical but I so appreciate it. He was able to take Julie's powerpoint, rearrange a few photos and add the music to it, turning it into a video presentation on DVD. They both did this for me without charge and in a rush. Thank you to both of you. I am so pleased with the finished product.

I also have been wanting, for a long time, not just for tonight, a business card style handout with our info on it. So often people are asking for the website or our contact info and I feel so unprofessional, as I am, as I handwrite it out for them on a piece of scratch paper. One of our church secretaries was happy to do this for me and she did an amazing job. I am so happy with what she has done and will have them tonight and Shannon and I will both carry them in the future to share with others. Rose, also did this for me just this week, in a rush. Thank you, Rose.

One of these days, Shannon and I are hoping to upgrade our computer so that we will be able to do more of this type of stuff on our own. We are glad that Collin has much of the knowledge needed as neither Shannon or I do.

Can I also share here a photo that got added to both the video and the business card? I took this while in the small village of Bukumbi in Tanzania about 2 1/2 years ago. The little girl was hesitant to have me take her photo but her mother nodded at her to do so. She is leaning against her mother's leg and as you can see is not sure about the camera at all. I so wish I could somehow find this little girl to give her a copy. Shannon and I plan to enlarge it to hang in our home.

No comments: