Saturday, April 07, 2007

Change is inevitable

I find it quite humorous that as much as Shannon and I hate change, God continues to throw it into our lives at every turn. Many would say that we choose change-such as we have experienced with fostering, adoption, jobs, home remodeling, ect-but for most of the big changes in our lives over the past years since accepting Christ personally, we have been directed by God to do.

Anyway, if you have been reading our blog before now, you can see that it has undergone a change. This one was not directed by God and it didn't come by choice either. The site we use has been prompting me every time I sign in to update to their new format. I have fought it as long as I could but today had to make the upgrade. I think the site does look nicer and I really like the option of being able to list some of my favorite blogs and websites on the side. I feel like it gives the readers a way to see even more of who I am by checking those out too. Let me know what you think. Is it easier or harder to view? Are there any changes you'd like to see-colors, format? I also like the idea of being able to label my posts into certain topics and will probably work through them over time to update that as well. That way if someone wants to search, for example, our travels to Tanzania, they could do so.

What is really funny is that God still has a major change in store for us...the one of moving to a completely different culture. That is one change though, that with a bit of hesitation, we are looking forward to.

1 comment:

Qtpies7 said...

I noticed as soon as I got on here that you changed stuff, and I like it a lot!
I figured out why the fam is in an uproar about you taking the kids to Africa. They seem to think you are taking them there and they are going to be raped and shot at. yep, my dad, he's crazy against all missionaries, apparently. We totally fought about it last night.
My pastor told me this week that he heard nothing but good things about the retreat, and mostly about you!