Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Belated Resurrection Day!

Here I am, a day late, posting about Easter. That's not so bad though, I still haven't gotten my Christmas letters out, LOL! I had finally decided in February that they were going to be sent as Easter letters after rewriting them but that didn't happen either.

Anyway, I hope you had a great Easter Sunday and really took the time over the weekend to remember what Christ did for us on the cross, but more importantly, that he rose from the dead. Without the resurrection he would have been just another dead person.

Easter morning we went to our church for both services. As always, I sang in choir during both services. The Easter performance was an hour plus long musical and going through it two times in a row was fun. Shannon and the children attended the first service, then during the second service the younger children went to kids church while Collin went to youth worship team practice and Shannon attended a bible class called The Truth Project. After the second service was out we went to my parents home for Easter dinner with them and my sister Corryn and her boyfriend Matt. Dinner was yummy as always and we enjoyed our time together. There was something about the day that was a bit more special than usual. Since Mom's breast cancer diagnosis last week and knowing her surgery is coming up on Thursday this week we just appreciated each other more I think. Please continue to pray for my Mom as she prepares for surgery on Thursday. We are hoping for the less invasive option of a lumpectomy rather than a full mastectomy but will not know for sure if they can do that until after they check the lymph nodes on Thursday morning. Mom is doing amazingly well and is feeling very supported by those around her. People are coming out of the woodwork to send her encouraging words through mail or by phone.

"And the angel answered and said unto the women, 'Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen." Matthew 28;5-6

No comments: